Monday, September 30, 2013

Savage River Lodge

Just when I was starting to wish that I'd gotten to stay at the farm with my great-grandhuman, we got to this new place.

Marty got me out of the car and we went for a little walk to this super cool log house.  (Marty says it's called a cabin.)  When we first opened the door, there was a toy right there for me!  I only barely got to sniff it though and I was just going to put my foot on it and see if it had a squeaker when Marty said, "Lyle, please come in here and deal with this mouse!"  Marty yanked me away from it, which I thought was very mean and maybe a little payback for all the times I've tried to pull her computer away from her.  Lyle hit the mouse with a broom really hard and then scooped it up and put it outside.  Don't get me wrong, I like my own toys, but when someone leaves you a present, I don't think your humans should hit it with a broom and throw it out.

After that, we got settled in.  Savage River has dogs that work there named Koko and Karma.  I didn't get to meet them, but they left me a note.  Our cabin had dog bowls for me, so I drank a lot of water and had some kibble.









We played squirrel fetch for a LONG TIME in the cabin.  It a really good break after all that time in the car.  Marty likes to throw the squirrel places she thinks I will have to work at, but I am very good at this game, so I have no trouble with under the steps, behind the couch, or next to the wood stove.

Marty and Lyle were pretty tired because they'd gotten up so early, but I wasn't tired at all.  They put me in the crate to go to bed, just when I thought we'd agreed I didn't sleep in the crate anymore.  I barked for THIRTY MINUTES which I reserve for big tantrums.  Marty was very upset and said that if I couldn't be quiet we wouldn't be allowed to come back.  I was really upset about that, because SRL is super cool, so I barked some more.  Marty even threw the sheet over my crate to try to make me be quiet, but that just made me bark because it was so dark.  Finally, I decided my humans are hopeless failures and I quit barking.  I'm thinking about taking them to the Humane Society and getting different ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment