Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nosework Practice

Tuesday night we went back to school for practice hunting for meatballs.  It's really cold up there, so instead of waiting in the car between turns, we wait in our boxes.  Miss Jessica says we get our own "condos" so we have privacy and don't have to see the other dogs.

This was a big class.  We got introduced to ODOR.  That means that instead of just finding meatballs, now the meatballs are next to something that smells funny.  After I find the funny smelling meatballs, if I keep smelling the box with the funny smell, I get MORE meatballs.  This is a pretty good game.

Miss Jessica says that Lyle is very lucky, because when I smell the funny stuff I freeze up.  She says if I keep doing that, I have a really clear "ALERT' and he shouldn't have any trouble picking up on my signals.

Even though I really like hunting for meatballs, I have decided I don't really like it when Lyle puts my harness over my head.  After school, Miss Jessica showed Marty and Lyle a new game about me getting treats.  I am learning to get dressed in my meatball harness all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment