Saturday, March 29, 2014

Super Dog

Wednesday night we started our next class (surprise, surprise).  It's with Miss Pat again.  I like Miss Pat (because she always has really good cookies), but I wish she lived closer.  

There are four dogs in this class, Little Foot (this is our FOURTH class together), Crystal (we had Nosework classes together, but I almost never got to see her because in Nosework we take turns), and a new dog named Gordon that has his human really well trained.  There were also two guest dogs that came just for the one class.  They're working with Miss Pat for a WHOLE WEEK.  (I am a little jealous.  Maybe when I get Marty better trained we can go for a week.)  They already had their humans trained to do everything, they were just there for practice.  I hope Marty watched their humans because I have to tell you, she definitely has some work to do if she's going to be as good as them!

We are learning to make our humans give us treats for moving their hands.  I think this is great, because Marty will not talk so much!  We're also playing a new game called "One hundred and one things to do with a box."  Marty has to give me a treat for ANYTHING I DO!  It's a really good game to make your humans get better about recognizing small things you do.  I have to go very slowly with Marty because she isn't too good at this game yet.

At the end of class we played a new game where Miss Pat draws a card and we have to get our humans to give us treats for doing weird things.  We were supposed to make them give us a treat for backing up.  All the other dogs got their humans to give them a treat, but Marty couldn't.  I guess we will practic this at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment