Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beavers!

Marty and my great-grandhuman went to dinner at H.Bill's house to play with his new littermate today.  I wanted to go, but I did not want to ride in the car and Marty says it is too far to walk.  When they got back, Marty wanted to play on her computer (and she wasn't updating my blog), but I know she needs more exercise and clearly I should be the top priority at all times, so I waited until my Aunt Becky called and then I shamed her into taking me swimming at the little house.

Marty was not being sufficiently reinforcing for me to give back the bumper, and she was getting frustrated, and then something AWESOME happened.  I looked out into the water and I saw a LIVE BUMPER!  I swam out to retrieve it, and Marty threw the bumper in the other direction to see if I would be distracted, but I was NOT.  Unfortunately, the bumper made a giant splash and disappeared JUST as I was getting ready to grab it.  I looked for it for a long time, but I couldn't find it, so I decided I'd go ahead and get the bumper that Marty had thrown.

After I brought that back, I saw the LIVE BUMPER again, so I went back out to get it, but it splashed and disappeared AGAIN.  Marty tried to convince me to come out of the water, but I did not.  She tried to convince me for a long time, and she broke the string on one of my not-live bumpers and lost it.  I lost the other one because I had it when I went to grab the LIVE BUMPER and I don't know where I left it.

I didn't actually fetch the LIVE BUMPER at all, and Marty caught me and dragged me up to the house and hosed me off (but she's nicer about it than Lyle is) and now I am on swimming restriction indefinitely.

2 comments:

  1. Hey AA.....you know I am a HUGE proponent of you getting lots of swim time and I am sure you love having company while you are in the water.....but please leave the beavers alone....they are quite capable of injuring you or even drowning you if they see you as a threat......stay with your not-live bumpers and continue to have fun.......enjoy the water......stay away from the beavers......

    ReplyDelete
  2. AA, do you see how low and sleek that beaver is in the water.......and look where your big old head is.......learn from the beaver pal.......enjoy your swim time....

    ReplyDelete