Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New Friends

Marty got home so late on Sunday night that it was already Monday morning.  Lyle and I were asleep, but I heard an intruder and sounded the alarm!  When I went downstairs, it was Marty.  She said I was a good dog for guarding Lyle, but I think she was just happy I'd gotten out of bed because she thought she could beat me back to the best spot.  Haha.  Humans are very slow, I made it back first!  She did make me move eventually, and she wonders why I don't miss her when she's gone.

Monday night I got to meet two new friends.  Their human is Marty's godson.  (If you're confused by all these humans, how do you think I feel?)  They're both girls.  One of them is almost as old as Mr. Tripoli and the other one is a little younger than me!  The younger one, Kona, tried to eat me when she first got out of the car and I was welcoming her to my driveway, but since Sherman, I am a little braver about that sort of thing.

Then we all walked to the park and I played fetch and they played chase me.  Then I played lay in a hole and be hot and they did some other stuff.  It was making a lot of noise in the sky and even raining a little, but Marty said she would rather get struck by lightening than take three unruly dogs back to the little house.  I don't know where she thought she was going to get three unruly dogs, maybe she was going to visit a shelter?

We did eventually all go back to the little house and play wrestle.  When Kona and I were wrestling, Harley (that's Kona's sibling, not Lyle's loud bike thing) kept trying to eat Kona.  I thought that was pretty funny, but the humans did not.

I'm looking forward to another playdate with them soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey AA,......from all your buddies at TRK, and your mom, Happy Birthday......no longer a pup......no more need for obedience classes....if you do not have it down by now it is not happening......have a great birthday...hope you can share it with some of your new friends........and get LOTS OF TREATS.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Anzio! I need your advice and on how to manage humans and their training. It sounds like my mommy and daddy are taking me to classes in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete